Sunday, November 9, 2008

OMG A CUBAN SANDWICH IN SLC!!!

OMG a Cuban Sandwich in SLC!!! I cannot believe it either. I found it at the Cheesecake Factory of all places. I had gone to the Cheesecake Factory in Sherman Oaks, CA but since I lived in California it is not like I craved or looked for Cuban food since it was always at my disposal. So I never saw it on their menu or I did not care to order it and I definitely did not remember it. But you know what they say: "You always want what you can't have." So since I never get Cuban food in SLC unless Tony cooks it (and most of you should know I DO NOT COOK!) I really crave it. So today the kids were invited to a party and Tony and I decided we would try the Cheesecake Factory since he had never tried it before and I hardly remember it from California. To our complete and utter shock we saw that they had a Cuban Sandwich on their menu.

For those of you that are not familiar with a Cuban Sandwich it looks like the one above and consists of slow-roasted pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles and mustard on a grilled and pressed Cuban-style roll. It is also served with French Fries at least the one we had from The Cheesecake Factory.

Having had an authentic Cuban sandwich from Porto's (in Glendale, CA) I figured what can we loose. The worst that can happen is that we just figured out that Cuban food is not found SLC but if we like it then we get a little piece of home. To our amazement it was not bad. Not as good as Porto's but still good enough. We will definitely will return...so to all that live far away from Cuban food like we do try The Cheesecake Factory at least for their Cuban sandwich. The nice thing is that on Sundays at least at lunch there was no wait so go at least on a Sunday if you are here in SLC. Other states I am sure you have more than just one and therefore the wait will not be horrendous. I sound like a commercial for this place but I am so excited to have at least one menu item from the Cuban cuisine here in SLC. It makes it a little easier at least for me to live here.

2 comments:

PoPo and AhGoon said...

Does this mean you don't want to go to Marie Calendar's after mass on Sunday? Sounds like The Cheesecake Factory is now your favorite place. Hooray for the Cheesecake Factory!

Gonzalez Family said...

Well I would not mind going to Sunday brunch at the Cheesecake Factory but I would miss the BTA Omelette.